How to build Agility arena in two days
Dispositions: dry place covered by roof with hard consolidated surface, in our case concrete floor, also possible compacted gravel or cinder that can be compacted ideally granularity 0-4mm. With respect to the surface of the hall we chose installation of artificial turf JUTAgrass PlayComfort with 10mm foam shock pad.
Minimum two persons are needed for installation. For bigger site (heavier rolls) more people are desired or it is necessary to use machinery for turf roll manipulation.
1. What you need. A cutting carpet knife, a spatula for glue spreading and a mixer for mixing the two components adhesives.
2. Brought roles keep in a dry, stable place on flat surface before installation, ideally protected from direct sunlight, rain and at temperatures between 5 and 25 degrees Celsius. Roles must be not subject of mechanical stress (especially bending). If the roles are stored outside and installation will take place inside, it is recommended to move roles sufficiently in advance to the place of installation in order to acclimatization.
3. Place shock pad rolls to its future position.
4. Unroll shock pad rolls. Do not stick the roles, between roles leave 5mm gap if outdoor installation is concerned. Beginning of the roll exactly aligns with the edge of the wall, the other end fold and cut.
5. Cut edges of the pad with a knife to accurately align the wall
6. If you notice uneven flooring under the mat, align it with sand, gravel or cement
7. Distribute turf role in their future position on installed pad. For easier handling the rolls, use a wooden or metal rod. Mind the correct orientation of roles, beginning of the role must lie against the wall. Only then remove the protective covering.
8. Unwind the roles. Roles must be aligned with each other. Then bend the edges of roles across the length and trim the edges. Cut edge with one stitch. i.e. cut between the first and second stitch.
9. Probably the most difficult phase of the whole installation – roll must settle to their future position so that the entire length of the roll gap of a maximum width of the stitch (in this case 5 mm). Backing foil must not overlap at any point. This step is difficult to handle and coordinate all installers because they have to move with the whole role and also watch that did not flinch at the edges of walls and neighboring role. When handling the grass strips we also need to take care, that we did not create bulges and waves.
10. In the next step, it is necessary to cut the carpet along the walls. We should let rest laid carpet roles at least until the next day to absorb possible waves.
11. We can now proceed to gluing. Prepare two-component adhesives glue and tape. Careful to accidentally defaced carpet when manipulating the glue, remember to lay a pad under.
12. Bend the edges of roles that will be glued around 30-40mm.
13. Unroll a piece of tape. Using a spatula apply the appropriate amount of the adhesive on the tape. One installer applies adhesive, second installer gradually sniffle the tape with applied glue.
14. Tape with adhesive paste into the gap between the bent roles. The edges of the carpet return back into place after. Connect the edges very carefully, not overlap. Comb fibers with a brush or gloved hand so as not to see the connection.
15. And that’s it! Connection points should be weight. The lawn should not use at least 48 hours for proper glue drying.